We are excited to announce that CenturyTel and EMBARQ have joined forces to become CenturyLink, one premier broadband, entertainment and voice leader connecting the nation to what matters most - your life and your work. Combining CenturyTel and EMBARQ creates a stronger, more efficient and competitive company that will enable us to maintain the high quality of service you have come to expect and provide the new services you will want in the future.
- What is/has taken place?
- We are excited to announce that EMBARQ and CenturyTel have merged to create one of the leading communications companies in the United States called CenturyLink. The transaction brings together two companies whose businesses are built upon serving local customers and creating a variety of products and services to meet consumer and business customer needs.
- Why did CenturyTel and EMBARQ decide to merge?
Combining CenturyTel and EMBARQ creates a stronger, more efficient and competitive company, with operations in 33 states and approximately 7.3 million access lines, more than 2.1 million broadband customers and more than 470,000 video subscribers (as of June 30, 2009). It also enables us to maintain the high quality of service customers have come to expect and provide the new services they will want in the future.
In addition to bringing together complementary assets, geographic coverage and outstanding employees, this combination unites two companies that share a strong commitment to our customers, employees and communities.
- Where does/did CenturyTel operate?
- CenturyTel operates in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- Where does/did EMBARQ operate?
- EMBARQ operates in Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
- Who/what is CenturyLink?
CenturyTel and EMBARQ have combined companies and are operating as CenturyLink. CenturyLink is a company that embodies the idea of moving forward--helping its customers and employees enjoy the benefit of the latest technologies and excellent customer service.
- Can former EMBARQ customers pay their bills in the former CenturyTel, now CenturyLink stores?
- Yes, customers can pay their bill at any CenturyLink store in North Carolina.
- Are there new locations where I can pay my CenturyLink bill or make a payment on my account?
- You can now visit any store in North Carolina for your bill payment or service needs.
- Will the local CenturyLink stores stay open?
- We continually evaluate our operating presence, locations and hours of operation to determine the best availability for our customers.
- Will I still be able to make changes to my account, pay my bill, view demonstrations and purchase products?
- Yes, we will still have the same services available in our North Carolina CenturyLink stores.
- Will there be a change in store hours?
- Store hours vary by location. Please check the CenturyLink store locator for current business hours.
- Will stores be closed during the conversion to the new billing system?
- During the month of February, CenturyLink stores will be closed on Saturday to prepare for the conversion to the new billing system. With the exception of our Asheboro and Hickory locations.